Two-Ingredient DIY Hair Care Treatments
Maintaining your hair’s shine, strength and moisture and keeping it healthy inside and out may seem expensive and quite difficult at first, but you’d actually be surprised by how easy you can do all of these just by rummaging through your kitchen ingredients. It doesn’t even have to be a complicated recipe.
Here are five hair care treatments that only make use of two powerful natural ingredients at a time. Learn how you can use it to your advantage by trying these concoctions at home:
Avocado and Honey Hair Mask
Aside from being a delicious afternoon treat, avocados can also do wonders for your hair. Rich in vitamins and minerals like protein, potassium, vitamin A and a lot more, avocados can help fight hair and skin ailments. It helps boost moisture and give your hair a natural shine. Honey also has a fair share of benefits for your hair. It helps improve the health of your scalp and hair follicles, and can act as a great hair conditioner. Here’s how you can use these powerhouse ingredients as a hair mask:
- Mash a medium-sized avocado for a smooth consistency.
- Mix with two tablespoons of honey and mix thoroughly.
- Apply on slightly damp hair and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse and wash with shampoo and conditioner.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Water
Apple cider vinegar is not just a kitchen ingredient, it’s also a great treatment for your hair. On its own, apple cider vinegar already offers a long list of benefits. It balances hair and scalp pH, removes product build-up, treats dandruff and helps strengthen hair. Just add some water and you’ve got yourself an instant hair shining product! Here’s a quick and easy way to do it:
- Mix one cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of distilled water and store in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on your hair once or twice every two weeks while taking a shower.
Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
The zesty tonic we know as lemon juice is one that offers one of the longest lists of benefits not just for your hair but also your health. It can cleanse your scalp and keep it healthy. Paired with olive oil, which can act as a moisturizer for your strands, these two ingredients can leave your hair feeling fresh and moisturized all day long. Here’s how to make a lemon juice and olive oil treatment:
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Massage the mixture onto your hair and scalp when damp.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse with water and shampoo. Apply every other week.