How to Get Stronger Hair with Egg Yolk
Hair loss is a challenging and stressful ordeal so even before you see signs of thinning hair, it’s best to do everything you can to avoid losing your locks. It doesn’t need to be expensive! In fact, you can make your hair stronger with natural products that you already have in your kitchen.
One of the best home remedies that contribute to strengthening your hair is egg yolk.
Your hair is largely made up of amino acids and proteins which makes egg a perfect ingredient to boost your hair’s supply of the nutrients it needs. As power houses of proteins, eggs contain vitamins and fatty acids that help strengthen your hair by delivering the right nutrients that would make your hair as healthy as it can be.
The benefits of egg yolk
Eggs can revitalize your hair by making it more lustrous and shiny. Here are some of the nutrients present in egg yolk:
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A helps boost your hair’s production of natural moisture as it stimulates sebum production. With this, vitamin A controls dandruff and keeps the scalp from drying, which helps promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Lecithin: Lecithin is a fatty protein that contributes to the reduction of frizz. This protein prevents brittleness and breakage.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E in itself promotes healthy hair growth. This vitamin shields your hair from damaging UV rays and other environmental factors that may harm your mane.
- Biotin: Biotin is a popular nutrient that keeps your hair healthy by helping renew your hair follicles and roots.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D helps maintain your hair’s luster and texture.
Home-made egg yolk treatment
How can you use egg yolk for your hair care regimen? Here are three easy ways to maximize the benefits of egg yolk:
- Moisturizing your hair with egg yolk
Egg yolk can easily seep into your hair follicles and scalp so it’s a great way to add moisture to your strands. Here’s what you’re going to need:
– The first ingredient you’ll need is egg yolk. The amount of egg yolk you will need depends on how long and thick your hair is.
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil
– 3 tablespoons of honey
Here’s how you can make your own moisturizing treatment:
- Beat egg yolk thoroughly.
- Add yogurt, honey and almond oil into the mixture.
- Massage the mixture onto your hair and scalp and leave it on for one and a half hours.
- Wash off with cool water.
Conditioning your hair with egg yolk
Egg yolk has all the nutrients that make a great conditioner. Here’s how you can make your conditioning treatment:
- Prepare a mixture of egg yolk and avocado.
- Apply the mixture evenly on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
With regular use, you can enjoy the benefits that egg yolk can offer. From conditioning to moisturizing, it can give you naturally healthy hair without having to spend too much on commercial shampoos and conditioners.