How to Curl Your Hair Without Ironing
Styling your hair with heat can cause a lot of damage. For those who like curling their hair frequently, using a curling iron is the best way to achieve those beautiful, bouncy locks. Unfortunately, using such can make your hair dry.
To avoid dry and brittle hair due to too much heat, there are plenty of alternative ways to curl your hair. Any type of curls, tight, wavy or slightly kinky, is definitely achievable even without using heat. You won’t only be saving electricity, you’ll also enjoy healthy hair that lasts!
Here are some perfectly effective ways to curl your hair without heat styling tools:
Curl your hair with braids!
- Before your hair dries after washing, comb through it to make sure there are no tangles.
- Braid your hair according to the type of curls you want. If you want wavy curls, braid it in one long plait. For smaller, tighter curls, braid in smaller portions.
- Leave your hair to dry overnight.
- Comb out your braids when you wake up and start your day with healthy locks!
Curl your hair with socks!
What you’ll need: Clean socks
- Part your hair in sections and wrap each around a sock.
- Start from the tip of your hair to its roots.
- Tie the ends of the sock to keep your hair in place.
- Let your hair dry or sleep in it.
- Once your hair is dry, remove the socks and style with your hands.
Curl your hair with rollers!
What you’ll need: Magnetic and satin-covered rollers. They work better than sponge rollers because sponge rollers absorb the moisture and essential oils from your hair.
- Part your hair in sections and set each portion with a roller.
- Leave the rollers for about an hour or more depending on how curly you want them to get.
- Remove the rollers and enjoy your curls!
Curl your hair with a hairband!
What you’ll need: Hairband
- Secure a hairband around the top of your head.
- Pin your hair around the hairband one section at a time.
- You can either let it dry or sleep in it.
- When your hair is dry, remove the hairband.
While no-heat curls may take longer than ironed curls, it’s ultimately better than heat styling! So try out these easy curling tricks and see which one’s your favorite.